1 min read
We just released Known 0.8.5, which you can download from our website.
This version contains expanded support for the micropub open standard, so you can use open tools like Quill and Woodwind to post to your Known site. It also contains experimental support for Accelerated Mobile Pages. We have more to say about both, and open standards on the web in general, at a later time.
There's also a new command line tool, with a simple plugin interface, so server administrators can script certain tasks to run automatically.
Here's the full list of changes:
- Experimental AMP support
- Better support for embedded content
- A slew of indieweb improvements, including upgraded micropub support for actions like likes and reshares
- A command line tool (with extensible plugin interface) to automatically create a config.ini file, among other things
- Themes now take template precedence over plugins - so a theme can create a new style for a plugin-provided feature
- Known now works better under FastCGI on some shared hosts
- Lots of API fixes and consistency changes under the hood
If you prefer, of course, you can get a fully-featured Known site on our fully-managed service.